Travelling might be expensive. It might even get you the unsettled name.It might be too much for a person who sees nothing beyond the career horizon. But it is real. It is as real as anything else you have ever wanted.
But for the typical person – it is a misfit. It is anything but real. For the wanderluster – it means the world. Here’s why:
1. To know yourself, you need to be free. You need to see the world beyond your tiny
stagnant social life. Theres only one way of knowing what you can do- through the experiences you have with others. Yes that hippie you met on the bus ride to Bolivia? Yes she has the most amazing mind blowing stories to tell you. And that 2am walk on some exotic beach? Probably the most peaceful thing you have done in a while!
2. When you seek for adventure, every force on your travel gives in to you. You see a beauty that you never thought of. You open your imagination to the unknown. To adventures and risks galore. You learn to trust. And before you know it – you learn to believe in yourself. And then tear away the stereotype and learn to believe in others too.
3. You let go of your materialistic nature. The only belongings you do have, are the ones you travelled with. That gift your girlfriend never bought you-Old news!! The only things that truly do matter are the memories you carry – and you have them right there in your grey matter. Each and every one of them. Walking treasure? Yes – now you realise!
4.You are going to meet alot of people. A hell load of people! You will be in touch with the reality that yes – normal people is just a word. Most people fall out of that box. They fall in any other category but normal. And then suddenly that hollywood conceived concept that perfection means dotted i’s and unsmudged eyeliner fades away.
5.And this leads you to accept yourself for who you are. And it leads you to be who you want to be. It strips off all those false layers and lets you be free. It makes you realise you are as short as you cap yourself to be. It makes you understand that yes – women too do have a moustache- don’t we ask for equality anyway?
6.After burning your days out hour after hour in a job you most probably are now bored at – in a place you honestly have become way too comfortable in – this break – this travel bug spices things up. Suddenly you appreciate the tea girl a little more. Suddenly your paycheck becomes much more than bills. Suddenly, you value those little things that most people still cry about
7. If you dont do the things you love now – if you dont have the money or the time, how in heavens name is that going to happen 10 kids later??
8. For all its worth, Travelling is fun!! Period!!
I rest my case..x x